The Bachelor of Science degree program in Chemical Engineering is one of the oldest fields in engineering. It has been offered by De La Salle University continuously since it was established in 1947 along with three other traditional engineering fields namely, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. This is in line with the government’s drive towards economic and industrial development of the Philippines. The program was recognized by the government in year 1951, just in time for DLSU’s first set of graduates.
Chemical Engineering was once offered as a minor of an Industrial Engineering program in 1973 and as a double degree program with Industrial Engineering in 1980. In 1992, the Master of Science (MS) in Chemical Engineering was offered and in 1995, the Department offered the Master of Engineering (MEng) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Chemical Engineering programs. The recent most offering was the BS/MS Honors Program in Chemical Engineering which was offered in 2002.
The program has been accredited recently by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) and granted Level IV re-accredited status which is valid until 2021. In December 2009, the BS Chemical Engineering Program was recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as Center of Development and in May 2016 as Center of Excellence which is valid until the end of 2018.
Vision-Mission Statement of the Chemical Engineering Department
De La Salle University’s Chemical Engineering Department will be a prominent center of learning and research, to be recognized internationally for its endeavors toward sustainable development.
To contribute to the roster of professional chemical engineers who are competent and committed to technology advancement and public welfare.
- To contribute to the roster of professional chemical engineers who are competent and committed to technology advancement and public welfare.
- To ensure that the department maintains its standing as the center of excellence in both teaching and research.
- To provide education and training of excellent quality at undergraduate and graduate level.
- To collaborate with industry and other research institutes in pursuing research for the benefit of the society.
- To involve both faculty and students in university and community activities.